Melissologia
Θέλετε να αντιδράσετε στο μήνυμα; Φτιάξτε έναν λογαριασμό και συνδεθείτε για να συνεχίσετε.
Melissologia

Ελληνικό Φόρουμ συζητήσεων για τις Μέλισσες

ΦόρουμΦόρουμ  Latest imagesLatest images  ΕγγραφήΕγγραφή  Σύνδεση  BlogBlog  

Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers

Πήγαινε κάτω 
+2
olomelia
mpampis13
6 απαντήσεις
ΣυγγραφέαςΜήνυμα
JodiBee
Επισκέπτης

Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers   Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers Icon_minitimeΤετ Ιουν 28, 2017 10:51 pm

Hello!  My husband and I will be in Greece and Hungary in August, September and October this year and would like to meet some beekeepers. We would like to see how you keep your bees, share some ideas and maybe a beer, make friends.  We will be on Corfu and Paxos, as well as in  Zagoria and everything between Ionnina and Arta area.  In Hungary, we will be everywhere west and north of Budapest.  Is there anyone on this forum who would like to meet with us?
Επιστροφή στην κορυφή Πήγαινε κάτω
mpampis13
BeeForce
BeeForce
mpampis13

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 1393

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers   Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers Icon_minitimeΠεμ Ιουν 29, 2017 12:15 am

Hello from Athens. Can you send me your email address or your Facebook ?
olomelia
BeeForce
BeeForce
olomelia

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 544

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: :   Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers Icon_minitimeΠεμ Ιουν 29, 2017 2:05 am

Beekeepers in all the world...

UNITE!!!

Unfortunately I'm a little out of your route but still: Wellcome!
monarchis
Συντονιστική ομάδα
Συντονιστική ομάδα
monarchis

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 1942

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers   Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers Icon_minitimeΠεμ Ιουν 29, 2017 9:26 am

Welcome JodiBee, welcome to our forum. Unfortunately I'm living in south of Greece in island named Crete. I hope to find someone here to meet when you are gonna visit our country.
JodiBee
Νέο Μέλος
Νέο Μέλος

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 2

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Contact Information   Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers Icon_minitimeΠαρ Ιουν 30, 2017 6:07 pm

I have joined as a member so that I can share my contact information with you. My email is lucinda.d@cheerful.com. I hope that we are able to meet some day. This is our second trip to Greece. We visited once before for 7 weeks, including Crete, Athens, Kalambaka, Skopelos, Skiathos, and all around Peloponese. We are in love with Greece and the Greek people!

My husband and I have only 12 hives. We lost one earlier this year during swarming. This is a bad year for honey production in my area (South Central Texas). We had an early Spring with the trees and flowers blooming in February before the bees had increased their numbers. Then the blooms stopped when they were at peak population. Many beeks are having to feed their bees to prevent starvation. Usually we harvest in May or June but many beeks are not able to harvest this year or they are taking very little. We are putting robber screens on the hives to prevent the stronger colonies from robbing the weaker ones.

milmos
Ενεργό Μέλος
Ενεργό Μέλος

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 572

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers   Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers Icon_minitimeΠαρ Ιουν 30, 2017 8:03 pm

JodiBee έγραψε:
 We are putting robber screens on the hives to prevent the stronger colonies from robbing the weaker ones.  

Dear colleagues what do you mean with the phrase "robber screens"?
Have you any photo of this one?

thanks
monarchis
Συντονιστική ομάδα
Συντονιστική ομάδα
monarchis

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers   Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers Icon_minitimeΠαρ Ιουν 30, 2017 10:04 pm

milmos this is a typical robber screen. JodiBee we usually reduce the hive entrance or we remove the weak hives to another bee yard.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f11/19/61/72/18/image11.jpg
milmos
Ενεργό Μέλος
Ενεργό Μέλος

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 572

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers   Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers Icon_minitimeΠαρ Ιουν 30, 2017 10:25 pm

monarchis έγραψε:
milmos this is a typical robber screen. JodiBee we usually reduce the hive entrance or we remove the weak hives to another bee yard.

Από πού μπαίνουν οι μέλισσες?
Από πάνω που βλέπω ένα κενό?
monarchis
Συντονιστική ομάδα
Συντονιστική ομάδα
monarchis

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers   Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers Icon_minitimeΣαβ Ιουλ 01, 2017 8:27 am

Ναι milmos.
JodiBee
Νέο Μέλος
Νέο Μέλος

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 2

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers   Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers Icon_minitimeΚυρ Ιουλ 02, 2017 5:02 am

Monarchis,  yes we also reduce the entrance in addition to placing the robber screen.  Many of my beek friends don't have another location to move them too.  We usually keep them on our own property. We get a discount on our property tax because beekeeping is considered agricultural use so many beekeepers have the bees for that reason.  Plus there are many feral bees living in our area and they will take advantage of the hives no matter where they are located.  We have a long dearth.  The mesquite trees are blooming right now but not a lot else.  The mesquite tree is a "trash tree" that is invasive but the bees love it so we need it.  

Milmos, yes as you noted, there is a gap at the top of the robber screen which allows the resident bees to enter and leave.  When the screen is put there during the night, the field bees find the way out when they leave to forage the next day and then they know how to get back in.  But any bees who don't live there will only follow the scent of the honey and will simply bump into the screen over and over in front of the normal entrance.  The picture that Monarchis posted is one design, but there are other designs as well.
Melissologia
Διαχείριση
Melissologia

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 682

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers   Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers Icon_minitimeΠαρ Ιουλ 07, 2017 10:48 am

Dear Lucinda you can also sent p.m. (π.μ. second button down left) to our members in order to exchange phone numbers ect in private.

Note that many young people in Greece have found owning a few beehives rewarding, thus if you take a drive in the country side you will find many amateur beekeepers. It will be also worth it to look up some traditional beehives ect at local folk art museums since Greece has a long tradition in beekeeping.

I hope you manage to meet some of our beekeepers and looking forward to reading/receiving news from your stay in Greece.

Best wishes from Melissologia H.B.F.

Texas Beekeepers want to visit Greek and Hungarian Beekeepers
Επιστροφή στην κορυφή 
Σελίδα 1 από 1
 Παρόμοια θέματα
-
» Apimondia appeal in support of beekeepers in Haiti
» Greek to other Languages Translation (link)
»  VICE Greece Specials The Real Greek Survivors: Ο Εξαρχειώτης Μελισσοκόμος του Ταΰγετου

Δικαιώματα σας στην κατηγορία αυτήΔεν μπορείτε να απαντήσετε στα Θέματα αυτής της Δ.Συζήτησης
Melissologia :: Melissologia International :: International section-
Μετάβαση σε: